Sunday, September 5, 2010

frida kahlo























i wondered why i waited to post about her. now i know why. there's no one like her anymore.

"They are so damn 'intellectual' and rotten that I can't stand them anymore....I [would] rather sit on the floor in the market of Toluca and sell tortillas, than have anything to do with those 'artistic' bitches of Paris." [on Andre Breton and the European surrealists]

"I never knew I was a surrealist till Andre Breton came to Mexico and told me I was."

"They thought I was a Surrealist, but I wasn’t. I never painted dreams. I painted my own reality."

"I paint my own reality. The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers